Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kellogg deadline is less than 24 hours away!

I turned in my Wharton / Lauder application a few hours before it was due on October 1. The moment in which I submitted my application was such a moment of bliss. It was so blissful because I knew that I worked really hard on that whole application and that I put my best foot forward. Even if Wharton / Lauder ends up dinging me, I'm quite proud of my application package. Since then, it's been an emotional roller coaster. For example, I never read any "How to Get Into Business School " books until this morning. After reading that book, I started to get really paranoid. I don't even know what I'm paranoid about. People have said that the essays get easier once the first package is done.
I'm not sure if it's easier or if I'm just not putting in as much effort. I just remember that I spent over 2 days working on Wharton essay #2. Actually, I didn't really even work on it. I just wrote and deleted stuff for 2 days and ended up with nothing. I would've been better off watching shows on Hulu. Nothing with regards to the Kellogg essays has put me through what Wharton #2 put me through. As of 1 week ago, I had nothing (literally nothing) for my Kellogg essays. Why have my Kellogg essays been so much easier? Is it because I have already written Wharton essays or is it because my standards are lower. Today, I have some pretty good drafts. In a few hours, I hope to have a finalized version. Otherwise, I'm going to have to defer to Round 2 which would be a major bummer. Onto other news, I have planned a giant east coast b-school tour! I'm even visiting schools which I may not apply to. I'll post more about my tour in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment