Monday, August 24, 2009

Getting serious about B school

Since I took the GMAT in February, my desire to take the GMAT again has been slowly decreasing. Now, I don't ever want to look at another GMAT book again. Since the beginning of August, I've been really thinking about what I want out of business, who I want to be when I get out. After making a decision matrix (Pugh style), I've narrowed it down to 6 business schools. I started e-mailing contacts that I've made from some of the schools (alumni and current students) and even contacted a consultant. At the end of it all, I decided that I'm retaking the GMAT. My verbal score is significantly higher than my quant score. Even though I have an engineering background, I don't want to give the school any reason to ding me. So, for the next 2 or 3 weeks, I will be in my room with the GMAT books. I'm just going to remember what my GMAT instructor told the class: studying for the GMAT is like preparing for a marathon. You've got to put in your time everyday. Some days will suck, some days will be awesome.
Awesome GMAT score, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment